Tweener previews US Open Ladies Singles and his bets on Day 7 are Caroline Wozniacki to beat Madison Keys and a double on Johanna Konta and Roberta Vinci.
Caroline Wozniacki v Madison Keys
2 pts Wozniacki to win match at 19/10 with William Hill
- Classic match up of attack against defence in this. This is similar to the Halep tip put up in Wimbledon this year against Keys.
- I expect the defensive player will come out on top again. Keys was very lucky to survive her last round where Osaka choked badly from 5-1up in the final set. She isnt playing well enough to blow Wozniacki off court especially as I believe this match will be a night session match where conditions will be a little slower. We will find out the order of play tomorrow. I would be even more confident if this was a night match.
- Wozniacki has had a shocking year due to injuries and a bit of loss of form, but there have been signs of returning to form this week. Her victory over Kuznetsova was impressive and her groundshots seem to have that extra bite again. Her defence will always be there and she should get too many balls back for Keys. There is no h2h to speak of, but the match up is obvious.
- If Keys play lights out tennis, Wozniacki will not be able to live with her but I expect Wozniacki to grind Keys down.
Roberta Vinci v Lesia Tsurenko
Johnna Konta v Anastasija Sevastova
- I believe both Vinci and Konta should be shorter for their matches in the next round, hence a double is recommended.
- Vinci is playing well again and her game should be far too much for the limited Tsurenko.
- Konta is another very solid player; she simply does not lose to players she expects to beat. She has an excellent record as favourite in her matches. Unless her opponent has an outstanding defensive or offensive game, they will lose against Konta.
- Konta seldom has an off day, this is her best surface and her demolition of Bencic was particularly impressive in her last round.
1 point double Vinci & Konta at 4/5 with Coral and William Hill