Roy The Boy previews the 15th series of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and he is backing boyband member George Shelley to win the competition at 9/2.
Boy Bander George Fits the IACGMOOH Profile Nicely
Ten contestants in this year’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here have been named and, while it’s safe to say there will be some late arrivals (an additional three are being reported in the press), it’s also safe to say the winner will come from this batch of ten. No winner of this series, which dates back to 2001, have been ‘latecomers’.
A brief synopsis of previous results show.
- Five of the 14 previous winners have been pop stars (or enjoyed a brief spell of notoriety as a singer/performer).
- Ten of the previous winners have been male.
- Soap stars have a very poor record with just two previous winners.
- An actor (non soap opera) has never won this show.
- There have been several American contestants and also former politicians. Neither genre has produced a winner.
- Five previous winners have been aged 26 and less. Four winners aged 27-37, one aged 38-48 and four 49+
- Londoner’s and people from Essex have won half of the 14 series.
Laying those facts over the top of this year’s contestants and the money clearly falls on George Shelley. The ‘Union J’ boy-band member is one of just two contestants in their twenties; the other being soap actress (Hollyoaks) Jorgie Porter.
The list of previous ‘I’m a Celebrity’ winners
2014 Carl Fogarty Motorbike Racer 49 Lancashire
2013 Kian Egan Pop Star 33 Ireland
2012 Charlie Brooks (F) East Enders 31 Hertfordshire
2011 Dougie Poynter Pop Star 23 Essex
2010 Stacey Solomon (F) X-Factor/Pop 21 London
2009 Gino D’Acampo Breakfast TV/Chef 33 Italian
2008 Joe Swash East Enders 26 London
2007 Chris Biggins Kids TV 58 Southampton
2006 Matt Willis Pop Star 23 London
2005 Carol Thatcher (F) Journalist 52 London
2004 Joe Pasquale Comedian 43 Essex
2003 Kerry Katona (F) Pop Star 23 Cheshire
2002 Phil Tufnell Sportsman 36 London
2001 Tony Blackburn DJ 58 Surrey
2 points win George Shelley to win the series at 9/2 with Betfred and Coral