Tweener has a number of bets in the first round of the Australian Open tennis including Vivara Lepchenko and Tamira Paszek
Vivara Lepchenko v Lesia Tsurenko:
- Lepchenko has been playing well of late and she should win this match comprehensively.
- There were question marks about whether Tsurenko was going to pull out of this tournament due to injury, but she played Sydney v Pironkova where she lost a tight 1st set and then tankedthe rest of the match.
- She didn’t look 100% and its likely she is here to pick up the 1st round loser cheque.
2 points win Vivara Lepchenko at 8/11 with Paddy Power, William Hill and Betfair Sports
Tamita Paszek v Roberta Vinci
Anything above evens is a bet in my eyes.
- Paszek has changed her coaching team in the off season and the signs are she is re-discovering her best form.
- She had a deep run in Auckland where she lost to eventual finalist and she has come through qualifying very easily here.
- Vinci's season so far has been good too, but I fancy Paszek to dictate the exchanges with her backhand.
- Vinci do not have the power to outhit Paszek and this match up will not worry Paszek at all given she already leads the h2h 2-0.
- Paszek should be able to dominate the majority of the rallies and win this match. Although one must note, Paszek does get tight nearer the line, so I will not put anyone off a trade at a short price near the finishing line.
3 points win Tamira Paszek at 11/8 with Bet365, William Hill and Betfair Sports
Also, Giorgi and Khumkum are both worth small bets tonight, simply because Serena and Kvitova have not played at all. Kviotva can lose to anyone at the best of times and this girl has beaten her before here and has come through qualifying.
Giorgi is talented player, she can beat most on her day, if she is on, and she will definitely get at least a set tonight.
Jack Sock isn’t 100% fit and Taylor Fritz may be worth a go with bookmakers who say the match is valid after a ball is served or at least after 1 set is completed or the entire match. The bookmakers that say the match is valid after a set are probably more accessible and the best prices here are Boylesports and BetVictor.
Pospisil is also worth a bet to win the first set against Giles Simon.
1 point win Taylor Fritz to beat Jack Sock at 2/1 with Boylesports or 19/10 with BetVictor
1 point win Vasek Pospisil to win first set against Giles Simon at 11/8 with Bet365 and BetVictor