Tweener previews Day 6 of the mens and ladies singles in the Australian Open and his first bet is Shuai Zhang to beat Vavara Lepchenko
Shuai Zhang v Vavara Lepchenko
2 points Shuai Zhang to beat Lepchenko at 6/5 with BetVictor, Betway, Bet365 and others
- Shuai Zhang is having the tournament of her life and she should be able to carry this form to beat Lepchenko who isn't playing too badly herself.
- Lepchenko has had a good January, a deep run in Brisbane followed by 2 wins here. However she struggled to beat Tsurenko in the 1st round and found the going tricky against Arrubarrena.
- Zhang has a better defence compare to those 2 players mentioned and her attacking game seems to have improved this tournament. She would not have beaten Halep and Cornet, 2 players, who are ultra solid and whom do not give much away, if she isn't playing well.
- The match will be decided on the baseline and I suspect Zhang game is much more suited to this surface whereas Lepchenko's balls tends to sit up too much.
- The downside is that there is a h2h, where Lepchenko won in 3 sets on grass in 2014. Also, Lepchenko is a lefty and it might take time for Zhang to get used to that style/rhythm.